WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE?
1. Some of the reasons this test is ordered include high blood pressure or past problems with the renal arteries, the blood vessels that supply blood to the kidneys. If you have high blood pressure, this test can check for possible narrowing of the arteries to the kidneys.
WHO IS AT RISK?
1. High Blood Pressure
3. High Cholesterol
4. Smoker/History of Smoking
5. Family history of stroke and heart disease
6. Over the age of 50
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Do not eat or drink for 8 hours before the exam
2. Take all your regular medications with a small sip of water
3. If you are diabetic, please take your insulin